Jun 6, 2012

Go Shawty, It's Ya Birthday

Hiya, kiddos! I am so full of energy right now, it's INSANE! I think I can blame the lovely past two days I have had for all my liveliness and hype. See, the boyfran turned 21 today, and I am a firm believer that birthdays should be celebrated to the absolute greatest potential. I mean, birthdays only come once a year, so why not make the most of them, right?? I personally prefer more of a "birthday month" of celebrations of sorts. So, of course, the boyfran's birthday celebration had to be more than one day!

We kicked off the big 2-1 celebration yesterday by going to dinner at a new restaurant called Marlin & Ray's. It's mostly a seafood restaurant, but it also serves chicken, ribs, salads, burgers, etc. So basically, there's something for everyone! The boyfran got a steak and I got fish tacos. Holy yum. They were pretty much the best fish tacos ever. << but then again, I've never had fish tacos before so I guess that's not really saying much. We also got an order of onion rings, which were pretty tasty. Oh, and this restaurant serves free bottomless salad with every meal. Every.meal. The creators of this restaurant obviously didn't know the salad-eating capabilities of the boyfran and I when they developed this concept. We dominated our fair share of salad, enjoyed delicious meals, and then all but rolled our fatties bootays out of there. Signs of a great meal :)

After the meal, it was time for my most anticipated part of the night.....present time!!!! I absolutely love seeing the reactions of loved ones when they open presents I purchase for them, so I could not wait to see what the boyfran would think of all these:

Prezzies.
 Naturally, I was freaking out as I handed him the three large bags of presents. The boyfran was as excited as a kid hyped up on too much salad sugar and got right to opening. 21 shot glasses, one flask, and about 30 minutes later...

Waddup, shotties?
 
My fav.

So patriotic.
 The boyfran greatly enjoyed opening up all his goodies << oddly phrased. We headed back to his casa after this, chatted with his parents, chilled out, and called it a night.

Adorbs.
But the festivities didn't end there!! Today--after class, pottery painting with the bestie, a kick-bootay run, and some freshening up--the boyfran and I headed to out yet again. This time we had a mission, though: Get the boyfran a birthday drink! It was strictly necessary, of course. We had a wonderful time dining at the delicious Soccer Taco. Anytime Mexican food is involved, I'm in. The boyfran didn't have to ask me twice! Soccer Taco is also located in my favorite part of downtown--Market Square. People are always bustling around in this area, so we sat outside on the patio and enjoyed people watching << one of my favorite things to do. After copious amounts of chips, a yummy chicken burrito, and a giant margarita for the birthday boy, we decided a stroll around downtown was in order.

In da park.
Downtown-izzle.
Lovely little park.
I seriously live for beautiful days like today. The sun was shining, the weather was perfect, and the sky was crystal blue. How could I not be happy with a view like this??

I might have taken this from my car. While driving.
I can't help but smile when I look at this picture. Sometimes, I think it's the littlest things in life that make me the happiest. With wonderful days like the past two, it's hard to not stop and thank God for the sweet serendipity that is life.

Before I go, let's take a peek at some 'fits!

Helping a sorority sister get fitted for a bridesmaid dress.
 Shirt from JC Penny ($9.00). Shorts from Old Navy (oooold skooool). Shoes from Forever 21 ($9.50). Watch from Wet Seal ($10.00).

Dinner yesterday.
 Shirt from Forever 21 (old, not sure price). Skirt from Forever 21 ($12.50). Wedges from Charming Charlie's. Funny story about these wedges. When I bought them, it was buy one get one free. So basically, I got them for $15.00. Wanna see them up close?

Oooo la la.
Love them. Obsessed with them.

Today's 'fit.
Shirt from Forever 21 ($11.50). Shorts from Ross ($13.99). Shoes from Forever 21 ($9.50). Anchor necklace from Ebay ($2.00).

Dinner tonight.
 Shirt from the big sis. Shorts from Ross (same as above). Shoes from Payless ($10.00).

Oh, what's this? A rando work 'fit.
Pants from New York and Company ($20.00). Shirt from unkown. Elephant necklace from unkown.

Enough outfit pics...go enjoy your summer night!

Til next time,                         
                                                             Shelby       

No comments:

Post a Comment